MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 8th on DraftKings
- OF – Mikie Mahtook – $2,000 TB@DET (4.10 P/$1,000, 8.19 Point Projection)
Mahtook has shown value against left handed pitching in his very limited reps. He’s got a RvsL match up against a bad lefty and the Rays have a 4.6 run projection. At min price he’s an insane value play here.
- 3B – Pablo Sandoval – $2,600 TOR@BOS (3.46 P/$1,000, 8.99 Point Projection)
Sandoval is very low priced facing R.A. Dickey with a 4.9 run projection. Boston is at home and Sandoval has pretty much only been effective against right handed pitching..
- OF – Brandon Guyer – $3,000 TB@DET (3.13 P/$1,000, 9.38 Point Projection)
Guyer will be leading off against a bad lefty. The Rays have a 4.6 run projection on the road against a guy who gives up a ton of home runs. Guyer has been better against lefties and has show a little pop against that handedness. Boyd gets lit up on a regular basis and is just generally terrible.
- OF – Ryan Raburn – $2,500 CLE@CWS (3.12 P/$1,000, 7.80 Point Projection)
Raburn is a specialist against lefties and while he is usually platooned, he is so cheap at 2.5K. Rodon has been pretty good this year though his splits are massive against righties.
- OF – Jacoby Ellsbury – $3,900 BAL@NYY (2.70 P/$1,000, 10.52 Point Projection)
Ellsbury and the Yankees have a 4.8 run projection at home in lefty friendly Yankee Stadium. Ellsbury has been better against righties and Gausman has been much much worse on the road. If Wieters doesn’t catch then Ellsbury gets an additional bump for stolen base potential.
- OF – Carlos Beltran – $3,700 BAL@NYY (2.60 P/$1,000, 9.63 Point Projection)
The Yankees have a 4.8 run projection tonight against a pitcher who is bad on the road. Beltran has moved up to the second spot in the order and has been better from the left side of the plate. His salary is at that awkward point where people may feel a pinch paying for the 38 year old outfielder but he seems to have more value than usual tonight.
- 3B – Evan Longoria – $4,000 TB@DET (2.60 P/$1,000, 10.38 Point Projection)
Longoria and the Rays have a 4.6 run projection on the road against a guy who gives up a ton of home runs. Longoria is on a power tear right now with 4 homers in his last seven days. Boyd gets lit up on a regular basis and is just generally terrible.
- OF – David Peralta – $4,000 SF@ARI (2.59 P/$1,000, 10.35 Point Projection)
Peralta has a LvsR match up at home in Chase Field. Arizona has a 4.4 run projection and Peralta’s numbers against righties are very good. Hudson is over the hill and Chase Field is a good hitters park.
Under the Radar Player
- 2B/SS – Cesar Hernandez – $3,100 ATL@PHI (3.00 P/$1,000, 9.29 Point Projection)
Hernandez continues to lead off and tonight faces a rookie making his first start of the year. Hernandez has stolen most of his bases against righties and Pierzynski is a poor defensive catcher. People may be over Hernandez after he burst onto the scene but he continues to consistently get hits. He’s only a stolen base away from a very solid game.View all posts by Donnie Chell