MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 4th on FanDuel
- SS – Alcides Escobar – $2,200 CWS@KC (1.10 P/$1,000, 2.47 Point Projection)
Escobar is min priced and leading off with a 4 run projection. Quintana has been good in his first season but has pretty big splits against righties.
- OF – Juan Lagares – $2,200 NYM@MIA (1.07 P/$1,000, 2.36 Point Projection)
Lagares is another min priced lead off hitter. He will be RvsL against a bad lefty. The Mets have a 4.2 run projection on the road and the splits are in Lagares’ favor.
- 3B – Matt Duffy – $2,900 SF@COL (1.07 P/$1,000, 3.09 Point Projection)
Duffy has been great this year and has reverse splits in a RvsR match up. The Giants have a 5.2 run projection in Coors Field. Duffy is batting near the top of the order and is quite cheap considering he is playing in Colorado.
- 3B – Juan Uribe – $2,600 NYM@MIA (.98 P/$1,000, 2.54 Point Projection)
Uribe is an experienced power bat in the middle of a 4.2 run projection line up. Hand has been worse against righties and is generally not very good. Uribe is great at taking advantage of mistakes and therein lies most of his upside.
- 1B – Justin Morneau – $3,500 SF@COL (.98 P/$1,000, 3.41 Point Projection)
Morneau brings another big bat to the Rockies line up. He has a LvsR match up at home with a 5.8 run projection. He’s relatively affordable after a long layoff and has been great against right handed pitching in his career.
- 1B – Brandon Belt – $4,500 SF@COL (.89 P/$1,000, 4.00 Point Projection)
Belt is LvsR against a pitcher he is 7-12 against in Coors Field. Belt and the Giants continue to get a monster park boost in Colorado and all the big bats should have plenty of chances to go yard in and 11 O/U game.
- 3B – David Wright – $3,500 NYM@MIA (.88 P/$1,000, 3.09 Point Projection)
Wright is batting second for the Mets tonight against Brad Hand. He will be RvsL with a 4.2 run projection.
- 1B – Jose Abreu – $3,600 CWS@KC (.81 P/$1,000, 2.92 Point Projection)
Abreu has a great match up against a mediocre lefty tonight. The White Sox have a 4 run projection on the road and Abreu’s off to a great start in September. All the home runs Duffy has allowed this year are to right handed batters.
Under the Radar Player
- 1B – Justin Bour – $2,600 NYM@MIA (.92 P/$1,000, 2.38 Point Projection)
We’ve got plenty of Mets on this list but I like Bour against Bartolo Colon. Colon has been pulling out some amazing starts recently but has basically either been amazing or horrible all year. If he locates the one pitch he throws (a high 80s two seam) he wins. If it gets too much of the zone he gets shelled. Bour doesn’t need velocity on the pitch to send it into the seats.View all posts by Donnie Chell