MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 3rd on FanDuel
- OF – Jay Bruce – $2,400 MIL@CIN (1.44 P/$1,000, 3.44 Points Projected)
Bruce is super cheap and facing a struggling righty. He’s batting second in the order and with a 4.7 run projection the chances for extra at bats are good. Bruce has owned Garza in his career and hit nearly all of his home runs against right handed pitching.
- 3B – Todd Frazier – $2,300 MIL@CIN (1.32 P/$1,000, 3.04 Points Projected)
Frazier has also owned Garza in a small sample and will be playing in the hitter friendly confines of the GABP. The last time Garza faced the Reds he was lit up for 11 hits and 7 runs in 3.2 innings. Frazier’s struggles since the AllStar break should get a little easier tonight. Also, the guy has 30 home run power and is almost min price.
- SS – Jhonny Peralta – $2,400 PIT@STL (1.17 P/$1,000, 2.80 Points Projected)
Peralta is a talented guy with a very low price hitting clean up. THe Cardinals have a 4.1 run projection and Peralta will be RvsL against Happ who has been much worse in road games this year.
- 3B – Matt Duffy – $3,000 SF@COL (1.14 P/$1,000, 3.42 Points Projected)
Assuming Duffy plays he will have a RvsL match up in Coors Field. As if you needed more reason to play him he has been finding himself near the top of the Giants order and is relatively cheap exposure to Colorado.
- OF – Mookie Betts – $3,600 PHI@BOS (1.06 P/$1,000, 3.82 Points Projected)
Betts and the Red Sox are projected to score 5.3 runs against rookie, Adam Morgan. Betts will be RvsL and Morgan has been victimized by righties regularly this season. Betts is playing great ball right now and has both speed and power upsides.
- C – Buster Posey – $4,400 SF@COL (1.03 P/$1,000, 4.53 Points Projected)
Posey vs a lefty is usually a pretty sure thing. Add in the park factor of Coors Field and there’s not much to shy away from locking Posey in across the board. The pitching options are limited tonight so his ownership % may be through the roof but he’s got the highest point projection tonight from our algorithm.
- OF – Lorenzo Cain – $3,800 CWS@KC (.88 P/$1,000, 3.36 Points Projected)
Cain and the Royals are projected to score 5.2 runs against John Danks at home. KC isn’t the best hitters environment but Cain has both power and speed and Soto isn’t a very good defensive catcher. Cain is hot right now and is hitting .361 against lefties this season.
- OF – Mike Trout – $4,300 TEX@LAA (.88 P/$1,000, 3.80 Points Projected)
Trout faces a bad lefty tonight who has huge splits against right handed bats. Trout is Trout and the pitching tonight should allow you to spend some cash on big bats. The Angels have a 4.3 run projection at home.
Under the Radar Player
- OF – Rusney Castillo – $3,100 PHI@BOS (.94 P/$1,000, 2.90 Points Projected)
Castillo is down in the order tonight in Boston which may make some leery to use him outside of a stack. With the 5.3 run projection against a bad lefty there’s a good chance he still gets plenty of at bats. Castillo has been very good since joining the team and has both speed and power. He’s priced up a bit to the mid range but tonight hitters should be easily affordable.View all posts by Donnie Chell