MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 3rd on DraftKings
- OF – Jonny Gomes – $2,300 CWS@KC (3.48 P/$1,000, 8.00 Point Projection)
Jonny Gomes and the Royals are projected to score 5.2 run against Danks tonight at home. In the two games since joining KC, the Royals have lit up the scoreboard. Gomes has actually bee playing pretty well recently and is super cheap. His line up spot isn’t the best but hes been flashing some power recently and will be RvsL.
- OF – Angel Pagan – $3,100 SF@COL (3.30 P/$1,000, 10.24 Point Projection)
Pagan gets a significant park boost in Coors tonight. He and the Giants are projected at 5.3 runs and Pagan has hit safely in all three games since returning from the DL. His upside is limited so I have a hard time using him outside of a big Giants stack but our algorithm is pretty low on De La Rosa tonight.
- OF – Anthony Gose – $2,600 CLE@DET (3.27 P/$1,000, 8.51 Point Projection)
Gose retains his spot at the top of the Tigers order. The match up against Tomlin isn’t great but he will be LvsR. Gose has been hot lately and has great splits against righties.
- OF – Jason Bourgeois – $2,500 MIL@CIN (3.27 P/$1,000, 8.16 Point Projection)
Bourgeois continues to lead off for Cincy. He will be RvsR tonight but is super cheap in hitter friendly GABP. The Reds have a 4.7 run projection against Matt Garza and the Brewers and Lucroy is not a very good defensive catcher.
- OF – Carlos Gonzalez – $4,700 SF@COL (2.89 P/$1,000, 13.58 Point Projection)
CarGo will be LvsR at home with a 5.7 run projection. He’s one of those guys who locks in and goes to a completely new level. With two home runs in two straight games he’s about as chalky as it gets tonight. He’s been hitting bombs the opposite way recently which is only more proof that he is white hot.
- 1B/C – Buster Posey – $4,600 SF@COL (2.88 P/$1,000, 13.27 Point Projection)
Posey vs a lefty is usually a pretty sure thing. Add in the park factor of Coors Field and there’s not much to shy away from locking Posey in across the board. The pitching options are limited tonight so his ownership % may be through the roof.
- 3B/SS – Xander Bogaerts – $3,800 PHI@BOS (2.78 P/$1,000, 10.55 Point Projection)
Bogaerts and the Red Sox have a 5.3 run projection against the Phillies tonight. He seems locked in right now and will be RvsL against a young and struggling lefty.
- OF – Jay Bruce – $3,900 MIL@CIN (2.73 P/$1,000, 10.66 Point Projection)
Bruce is facing a struggling righty. He’s batting second in the order and with a 4.7 run projection the chances for extra at bats are good. Bruce has owned Garza in his career and hit nearly all of his home runs against right handed pitching.
Under the Radar Player
- 1B – C.J. Cron – $2,900 TEX@LAA (2.57 P/$1,000, 7.45 Point Projection)
Cron is cheap and may be platooned. However, he’s been hitting very well recently with a RvsL match up against a bad pitcher. I doubt anyone will look at Cron with plenty of great match ups on the slate tonight but that means that making some contrarian plays will be very important. Cron definitely has power which gives him plenty of upside for only 2.9K.View all posts by Donnie Chell