MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 28th on FanDuel
- 3B – Chase Headley – $2,300 BOS@NYY (1.23 P/$1,000, 2.83 Point Projection)
Headley and the Yankees have a 4.6 run projection and Headley has a solid 5th spot in the order. He will be facing a young pitcher who has been good lately but has been inconsistent at times. Headley has quietly been pretty productive this season and is barely above min price.
- 3B – Alex Rodriguez – $3,000 BOS@NYY (1.08 P/$1,000, 3.24 Point Projection)
A-Rod’s resurgent season is coming to an end and he is still affordable at 3K. With a RvsL match up at home in the hitter friendly Yankee Stadium and a 4.6 run projection there’s a good chance the 40 year old racks up some points tonight.
- OF – Brett Gardner – $2,600 BOS@NYY (1.07 P/$1,000, 2.79 Point Projection)
Gardner will be LvsL tonight but Yankee Stadium is great for lefties. He’s also very cheap for an elite hitter who has posted reverse splits this season. Boston’s Rodriguez also has reverse splits and let’s remember that every game counts for the Yankees who will be playing hard until they clinch the Wild Card.
- 2B – Jason Kipnis – $2,900 MIN@CLE (.99 P/$1,000, 2.86 Point Projection)
Kipnis has hits in 9 out of the last 10 games and multiple hits in 5 of them. Tonight he will be LvsL but Milone has been bad recently. Both teams are playing for the last Wild Card spot so expect a hard fought one with the Indians having a 4.2 run projection and home field advantage.
- 1B – Albert Pujols – $3,100 OAK@LAA (1.06 P/$1,000, 3.30 Point Projection)
Pujols and the Angels look to stay in the Wild Card Race. Pujols will be RvsL with a 5 run projection against a weak lefty who has given up a ton of home runs lately.
- 1B – Prince Fielder – $3,300 DET@TEX (.96 P/$1,000, 3.15 Point Projection)
Fielder vs a righty at home. The Rangers have a 4.6 run projection as they look to clinch their spot in the playoffs. Verlander has been pretty good in the second half but the Rangers need this a lot more than the lowly Tigers and Fielder is a leader on this team.
- OF – George Springer – $3,200 HOU@SEA (.92 P/$1,000, 2.94 Point Projection)
Springer will be RvsL against a young guy who often struggles with control. Springer and the Astros are playing for the post season here and Elias has given up most of his homers to righties. Springer also has upside on the base paths to go with his power and solid order spot.
- OF – Ben Zobrist – $3,300 KC@CHC (.91 P/$1,000, 3.02 Point Projection)
Zobrist has been really good since joining the Royals and leading off. Tonight they have a 3.9 run projection in Wrigley Field and Zobrist will start out lefty against a pitcher with significant splits against that handedness.
Under the Radar Player
- OF – Steve Pearce – $2,800 TOR@BAL (.87 P/$1,000, 2.44 Point Projection)
Pearce cleans up for the Orioles at home tonight with a 4.1 run projection. He’s been a big bat since returning from the DL and has posted reverse splits and more power against right handed pitching. A lot of people will overlook Pearce because Estrada has been good and the RvsR match up but I think he has plenty of upside for only $2,800.View all posts by Donnie Chell