MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 28th on DraftKings
- 2B/3B – Tommy La Stella – $2,100 KC@CHC (3.66 P/$1,000, 7.69 Point Projection)
La Stella is basically min priced, batting clean up and LvsR tonight in Wrigley Field. The Cubs have a 4.1 run projection against Ventura who has been mediocre over his last 4 starts.
- OF – Ryan Raburn – $2,400 MIN@CLE (3.07 P/$1,000, 7.36 Point Projection)
Raburn gets a RvsL match up against Milone with a 4.6 run projection at home. This game means a lot to both teams so I’d expect Raburn to be platooned as soon as a righty comes in to the game in relief. Still, Milone is not very good and Raburn has had a ton of success against lefties.
- SS – Erick Aybar – $3,000 OAK@LAA (2.82 P/$1,000, 8.46 Point Projection)
Aybar’s price and limited upside aren’t very attractive here. However, the Angels need this game and face a fairly weak lefty. Aybar will be RvsL with a 5 run projection, potentially leading off and he has been hitting well lately.
- OF – Tyler Collins – $2,700 DET@TEX (2.73 P/$1,000, 7.37 Point Projection)
Collins bats second with a LvsR match up against a home run prone pitcher in a hitter friendly ball park. At only 2.7K he’s got a relatively low ceiling but is cheap enough to offer value.
- 1B – Albert Pujols – $3,900 OAK@LAA (2.66 P/$1,000, 10.38 Point Projection)
Pujols and the Angels look to stay in the Wild Card Race. Pujols will be RvsL with a 5 run projection against a weak lefty who has given up a ton of home runs lately.
- OF – Mike Trout – $5,300 OAK@LAA (2.38 P/$1,000, 12.61 Point Projection)
See Pujols. Trout is expensive on a night with mostly affordable pitching options.
- 1B – Carlos Santana – $4,000 MIN@CLE (2.35 P/$1,000, 9.41 Point Projection)
Santana has good splits from the right side facing a weaker lefty. The Indians have a 4.6 run projection and are in need of a win here. Milone has been dealing with shoulder problems and likely won’t last long before handing the game over to the poor Twins bullpen.
- OF – Gerardo Parra – $3,600 TOR@BAL (2.29 P/$1,000, 8.24 Point Projection)
Parra leads off in Camden yards LvsR with a 4.1 run projection. He has definitely cooled off as the season has wound down but still has great numbers against righties and is affordable on a night with only one really solid pitching option.
Under the Radar Player
- 1B/3B – Travis Shaw – $3,300 BOS@NYY (2.49 P/$1,000, 8.22 Point Projection)
Shaw gets a LvsR match up in lefty friendly Yankee Stadium. Nova has bad numbers against lefties and at home and the Red Sox have a solid 3.9 run projection. There are a lot of higher run projections and a lot of people will probably find the money to pay up at first base which should make Shaw a pretty contrarian option with plenty of upside.View all posts by Donnie Chell