MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 16th on DraftKings
- 1B/OF – Clint Robinson – $2,500 WAS@PHI (3.60 P/$1,000, 9.00 Point Projection)
Robinson is cheap and still batting 5th. He’s got a LvsR match up against a bad righty and a 5 run projection. The Nats are probably out of the wild card race but that shouldn’t stop them from pounding the leagues worst team.
- OF – Justin Ruggiano – $2,700 COL@LAD (3.38 P/$1,000, 9.11 Point Projection)
If Ruggiano keeps starting and leading off he provides a ton of value. He’s got excellent numbers against lefties and the Dodgers have a 4.4 run projection.
- OF – David Peralta – $3,300 SD@ARI (3.20 P/$1,000, 10.57 Point Projection)
Peralta is too cheap tonight. He’s got a LvsR match up against a pitcher who has been struggling with command. The DBacks have a 4.7 run projection and Peralta has hit righties very well this year. He’s currently on a 12-game hit streak.
- 1B/3B – Chris Johnson – $2,000 KC@CLE (3.08 P/$1,000, 6.15 Point Projection)
Johnson is min priced and while his line up spot isn’t ideal he has very good numbers against lefties. Duffy is not an overpowering pitcher and the Indians are at home with a 4 run projection.
- OF – Jason Heyward – $3,500 STL@MIL (2.81 P/$1,000, 9.83 Point Projection)
Heyward is hot right now, something I wish I’d looked at last night. When Heyward is hot, you play him. He scores with his legs and his bat and gets another LvsR match up in a hitter friendly ball park. he’s had 4 multi hit games in a row and faces a pitcher who doesn’t strike out many batters.
- OF – Melky Cabrera – $3,600 OAK@CWS (2.66 P/$1,000, 9.59 Point Projection)
Melky gets a nice match up against the Oakland bullpen. He’s put up good numbers against the As this year which makes sense considering their 4th worst team ERA. Cabrera will most likely be low owned tonight due to his generally limited upside.
- 2B/3B – Anthony Rendon – $4,000 WAS@PHI (2.52 P/$1,000, 10.08 Point Projection)
Rendon disappointed many last night but gets an equally juicy match up tonight. It’s hard to see him putting up another 0-fer performance though he is awfully expensive. Still, the Nats have a 5 run projection and get one of the worst pitchers on the worst team in the league.
- 1B – Jose Abreu – $4,800 OAK@CWSI (2.47 P/$1,000, 11.83 Point Projection)
Abreu is very chalky tonight. Oakland’s bullpen is bad and Abreu is rolling. Run him out there if you can afford him and expect the White Sox to put up a crooked number with their 5 run projection.
Under the Radar Player
- 3B/SS – Freddy Galvis – $3,000 WAS@PHI (2.20 P/$1,000, 6.61 Point Projection)
Galvis takes over the lead off spot tonight and with expensive pitching to pay for I doubt anyone looks his way. Galvis is having a very good September however, including some confidence boosting heroics the other night against Papelbon. He’s has success against Gio in a small sample but I really like his chances to run tonight against Lobaton and facing a pitcher who has a habit of putting people on base.View all posts by Donnie Chell