MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for September 15th on DraftKings
- OF – Justin Ruggiano – $2,800 COL@LAD (3.47 P/$1,000, 9.72 Point Projection)
Ruggiano has been killing it since joining the Dodgers and has monster splits against lefties. His very reasonable price and more affordable pitching today should make rostering Ruggiano a fairly contrarian play with some solid upside.
- OF – Grady Sizemore – $2,200 NYY@TB (3.47 P/$1,000, 7.62 Point Projection)
Sizemore is very cheap and batting second for the Rays. They are projected to score 3.9 runs against what looks like a bullpen approach from the Yankees.
- 1B – Justin Smoak – $2,300 TOR@ATL (3.39 P/$1,000, 7.80 Point Projection)
Smoak is way cheap for his power upside and clean up spot in the line up. Teheran struggles at times against lefties and the Jays have a 4.5 run projection on the road. Smoak will likely be a popular play in both cash and GPP.
- SS – Daniel Castro – $2,000 TOR@ATL (3.30 P/$1,000, 6.60 Point Projection)
Castro is min priced and batting second for the Braves. He’s been performing well in his first games as a big leaguer and is coming off two multi hit games against the very solid Mets pitching staff. Castro will be RvsL against a pitcher dealing with shoulder issues.
- 2B/3B – Anthony Rendon – $3,700 WAS@PHI (2.62 P/$1,000, 9.68 Point Projection)
Rendon is leading off against easily the worst pitcher on tonight’s slate. Rendon has been hitting extremely well in September and has a great average from the left side of the plate. Expect him to be involved in plenty runs and possibly get extra at bats tonight.
- OF – Jayson Werth – $3,700 WAS@PHI (2.58 P/$1,000, 9.55 Point Projection)
Werth is coming off a huge game and is still reasonably priced thanks to his injury diminished stats. Don’t expect another two home run performance but he’s got plenty of potential against an absolutely terrible pitcher. The Nats have a 5.2 run projection but that may even be low.
- 2B/3B – Justin Turner – $3,600 COL@LAD (2.58 P/$1,000, 9.29 Point Projection)
The Dodgers have a 4.6 run projection against the Rockies. Turner is usually a guy you target against righties but tonight should be a solid match up anyway. Rusin is coming off a poor outing and has been victimized a lot on the road this year.
- 1B – Joe Mauer – $3,600 DET@MIN (2.57 P/$1,000, 9.26 Point Projection)
Mauer’s been playing well recently and has a LvsR match up against a pitcher who gets lit up a lot more often than he performs well. The Twins have a big 5.2 run projection and the splits are definitely in Mauer’s favor.
Under the Radar Player
- C – Matt Wieters – $2,900 BOS@BAL (2.66 P/$1,000, 7.71 Point Projection)
Yes, Wieters is cheap, batting 5th and in a hitters park. He’s also been better from the left side but will still go under utilized tonight. His offensive numbers this year are disappointing and tonight when you can spend up at quite a few positions a lot of people will pass on Wieters despite having a great match up. I encourage you to try out a line up with two of the highest priced pitchers and take a chance on Wieters against a weak pitcher with a 4.5 run projection.View all posts by Donnie Chell