NBA Daily Fantasy 2/2: Top 5 Cheap Players
With eight NBA games tonight, the options are plentiful at all positions in order to construct a high-low salary lineup. There are certainly many injury situations to consider as well, but we went ahead and filtered through all of it for you to compute the five best cheap players. As always, starting lineups and last-minute news can alter this, but this is a great place to start before setting your lineup.
Unintentionally, all five of these players are at different positions, and you could use all of them in a cash game. If you do this, you are free to load up on some of the most expensive players tonight.
*indicates check injury situation
1. Devin Harris $3,500 – Tough break for the Mavericks as Rajon Rondo has an orbital fracture to his left eye. Meanwhile, Devin Harris will get the start. Harris got 30 minutes last game after Rondo went down two minutes in. He should easily get over 30 minutes tonight, the Mavericks are -11.5 and are projected to score 110 points. The Timberwolves
2. Kent Bazemore $3,500* – DeMarre Carroll is listed as questionable while Thabo Sefolosha is out for 6-to-8 weeks. If Carroll can’t go, Bazemore should draw another 30-plus minutes, which is a no-brainer like Harris at minimum salary.
3. John Henson $4,700* – Assuming Zaza Pachulia still can’t go, Henson will draw another start and get around 30 minutes. Under this set of circumstances, Henson has been posting approximately 30 FPTS, and getting 1 FPT per minute at that price is superb.
4. Timofey Mozgov $5,200 – The 76ers are one of the worst teams against big men. Their bigs often aren’t part of the offense, and they don’t stretch the floor. Plus, the 76ers stink, which means a lot of missed shots for Mozgov to rack up the boards. Anything less than a double-double for Mozzy is a major disappointment.
5. Jared Dudley $4,500* – Like Henson, Dudley has started the last two games due to the Bucks’ injuries. He’s also thrived with 32.2 and 24.8 FPTS in those two contests with the 24.8 coming in 24 minutes because of a blowout. Henson is more likely to maintain his stats simply because of Milwaukee’s limited options in the front court, but Dudley is still definitely a great play as well.
(all salaries via FanDuel)View all posts by Nick Juskewycz