MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for October 2nd on FanDuel (Final Slate!)
- OF – Carl Crawford – $2,400 [email protected] (1.22 P/$1,000, 2.93 Point Projection)
If Crawford gets the start atop the Dodgers order again he will have a lot of cheap upside tonight. LvsR against a new young pitcher who hasn’t been good over two appearances this year. LA is projected to score 4.4 runs in this one at home.
- SS – Brandon Crawford – $2,600 [email protected] (1.13 P/$1,000, 2.93 Point Projection)
If Crawford plays here he will be way under priced facing one of the worst pitchers in the league. Even in hitter-unfriendly San Francisco he should be heavily targeted as a player with upside. The Giants have a 4.1 run projection tonight.
- 1B – Joe Mauer – $2,500 [email protected] (1.06 P/$1,000, 2.65 Point Projection)
Mauer has a nice order position tonight with a LvsR match up against the highest home run allowed pitcher in baseball. The Twins need to win out to have a shot at the play offs and Mauer will be one of their leaders here. With a 4.1 run projection he may even get an extra AB on the evening.
- OF – Avisail Garcia – $2,200 [email protected] (1.00 P/$1,000, 2.20 Point Projection)
Garcia doesn’t have the best match up or roster spot tonight. He is however, min priced. The White Sox have a 4.6 run projection against a pretty awful pitcher. Garcia has decent pop and you won’t need a lot out of him to make value here.
- OF – George Springer – $3,200 [email protected] (1.01 P/$1,000, 3.23 Point Projection)
Springer and the Astros are still looking to lock up their playoff spot. They will play hard and with a 4.8 run projection in a hitter friendly park I like Springer here even with a RvsR match up. De La Rosa does have unfavorable splits but Springer is hot and De La Rosa is not.
- 2B – Jose Altuve – $3,300 [email protected] (.98 P/$1,000, 3.24 Point Projection)
Same match up as Springer. Most people will look elsewhere for bats because of the bad match up splits. The Astros have something to play for however, and could be a sneaky stack with the park bump and their all of nothing approach at the plate.
1B – Jose Abreu – $3,800 [email protected] (.92 P/$1,000, 3.50 Point Projection) Abreu has feasted on right handed pitching this season and he gets a tasty match up against Alfredo Simon tonight. With a 4.6 run projection in a home run friendly park and the wind swirling Abreu makes an affordable play at first.
- SS – Carlos Correa – $3,400 [email protected] (.92 P/$1,000, 3.11 Point Projection)
Correa is looking to make the play offs in his first season in the big leagues tonight. With 21 home runs in a little more than half a season I like him to take advantage of the park bump in Arizona. The Astros have a nice run projection and De La Rosa has been trending down.
Under the Radar Player
- 3B – Aramis Ramirez – $2,800 [email protected] (.91 P/$1,000, 2.56 Point Projection)
Ramirez is not a guy you look for at third base very often. Tonight though, he matches up against a pitcher who has lost velocity and been generally terrible for over a month. Ramirez will have 4th and has reverse splits in a favorable RvsR match up.View all posts by Donnie Chell