MLB Daily Fantasy Algorithmic Picks for October 2nd on DraftKings (Final Slate!)
- OF – Carl Crawford – $2,800 SD@LAD (3.36 P/$1,000, 9.39 Point Projection)
If Crawford gets the start atop the Dodgers order again he will have a lot of cheap upside tonight. LvsR against a new young pitcher who hasn’t been good over two appearances this year. LA is projected to score 4.4 runs in this one at home.
- 1B – Jesus Montero – $2,400 OAK@SEA (3.14 P/$1,000, 7.53 Point Projection)
If Montero plays tonight he will get a very plus match up against the bad Aaron Brooks. Montero has reverse splits in a small sample this year and has power upside to justify paying his low price. He’s a VERY contrarian option at first base tonight.
- OF – Andre Ethier – $2,900 SD@LAD (2.96 P/$1,000, 8.58 Point Projection)
Ethier will have a LvsR match up against a young and poor performing pitcher. LA has a 4.4 run projection and Either has feasted on bad right handed pitching this year.
- 1B – Matt Adams – $2,300 STL@ATL (2.84 P/$1,000, 6.54 Point Projection)
Adams is very cheap with an excellent roster spot. He’s got power and will be LvsR against an inconsistent guy in Julio Teheran. Yet another cheap contrarian guy you can look at at first.
- SS – Brandon Crawford – $3,900 COL@SF (2.27 P/$1,000, 10.44 Point Projection)
If Crawford plays here he will be highly valuable against one of the worst pitchers in the league. Even in hitter-unfriendly San Francisco he should be heavily targeted as a player with upside. The Giants have a 4.1 run projection tonight.
- 3B – Adrian Beltre – $4,400 LAA@TEX (2.26 P/$1,000, 9.94 Point Projection)
Beltre continues to carry the Texas Rangers into the post season. He’s been phenomenal down the stretch and the Rangers need more. Beltre gets a plus match up against a pitcher who has been consistently losing velocity and gives up a lot of long balls. The Ranges have a 5 run projection in a game they need to stay atop the division.
1B – Jose Abreu – $4,700 DET@CWS (2.24 P/$1,000, 10.51 Point Projection) Abreu has crushed right handed pitching this season and he gets a tasty match up against Alfredo Simon tonight. With a 4.6 run projection in a home run friendly park and the wind swirling Abreu makes an affordable play at first.
- 1B – Joe Mauer – $3,800 KC@MIN (2.23 P/$1,000, 8.46 Point Projection)
Mauer has a nice order position tonight with a LvsR match up against the highest home run allowed pitcher in baseball. The Twins need to win out to have a shot at the play offs and Mauer will be one of their leaders here. With a 4.1 run projection he may even get an extra AB on the evening.
Under the Radar Player
- 2B/3B – Phil Gosselin – $2,700 HOU@ARI (2.32 P/$1,000, 6.26 Point Projection)
The pitcher match up is not great but the line up position is. Gosselin will be RvsL at home in hitter friendly Chase Field. Keuchel has been much worse on the road and the splits favor Gosselin as the DBacks look to play spoilers.View all posts by Donnie Chell