Best Mid-Tier DraftKings Plays in Week 16
We are coming down to the wire. Luckily, every potential playoff team still has something to play for, which should reduce the risk of teams resting players.
With every team playing on Sunday or Monday, there are a variety of paths you can take in making your lineup. Plus, with an abundance of great value plays, such as Jordan Todman ($4,400), Andre Caldwell ($3,000) and Michael Crabtree ($4,300), decisions must be made for who your favorite middle-of-the-pack salary players are.
Here are the top-three mid-tier salary plays at each offensive position.
1. Colin Kaepernick $7,900 – Has been inconsistent, but has taken advantage of poor defenses. The Falcons are 25th against the pass and 29th versus the run. The 49ers are in the middle of a tight wild-card race and have a tough matchup at Arizona in Week 17. This is a must-win.
2. Matthew Stafford $8,000 – A lot of people will be hesitant of Stafford given his recent numbers, but look at each contest and the circumstances. The Ravens have a solid pass defense and Calvin Johnson didn’t help with a few unusual drops. The Eagles game was in a blizzard. While he threw for a combined six interceptions against the Packers and Buccaneers, he also threw for six touchdowns and scored 46.48 FPTS. Going against the Giants at home in a must-win situation for the NFC North, expect three touchdowns and 300-plus yards from Stafford.
3. Drew Brees $8,100 – Again, most people think to stay away from Drew Brees here. The Saints look like a much different team on the road. However, Brees’ FPTS don’t represent that. In New Orleans’ games at the Rams and at the Jets, Brees nearly put up 400 yards in each game still put up 26.52 and 24.18 FPTS respectively. The Saints’ struggles on the road is more attributed to their defense and their offensive strategy doesn’t change. Even though the Panthers have the No. 5 overall defense, they don’t have the homefield advantage like the Seahawks and Brees should have a big game regardless if it’s close.
1. Alfred Morris $5,700 – If you were wondering if Alfred Morris could only be successful with RGIII in the lineup, we have our answer now. He averaged 5.4 yards per carry last week against the Falcons with KirkCousins under center. The Redskins have a tasty matchup against the Cowboys who are 28th against the run and last in total defense.
2. Le’Veon Bell $6,000 – He’s averaging 20 carries over the last six weeks. He’s caught 19 passes over the last three games. With full PPR value and the Packers ranking 25th against the run, Bell is a great play regardless if Aaron Rodgers suits up.
3. Zac Stacy $6,200 – He’s averaging 21.7 carries over the last seven weeks, including 28 touches versus the Saints last week. He’s also reached the end zone six times. The Buccaneers are average on defense all around.
1. Julian Edelman $7,100 – This is borderline mid-tier salary, but I had to put him in. He’s been targeted 51 times over the last four weeks, including 19 last week versus the Dolphins. He’s hauled in 37 of those passes for 414 yards and four touchdowns. With Gronk out, Edelman is a great play against any defense.
2. Pierre Garcon $6,300 – He’s caught at least five passes in every game this season. He’s averaging 17.7 FPTS and has 1,146 receiving yards. The Cowboys are last in pass defense.
3. Kendall Wright $6,000 – He’s quietly caught 42 passes for 505 yards in the last six weeks. The Jaguars are the opponent.
Bonus. Jordy Nelson $6,300 – If Rodgers plays, this is a no-brainer.
1. Zach Ertz $4,900 – Remember that his 0 FPTS day came in the blizzard game versus the Lions. Excluding that, Ertz has 11 catches for 125 yards and three touchdowns in his last two games. Plus, some people still probably don’t even know who this guy is. The Bears give up the 10th-most points to tight ends.
2. Charles Clay $3,900 – After being targeted a minimum of seven times in the previous five weeks, Clay was only targeted twice against the Patriots. That won’t happen again versus the Bills.
3. Brandon Myers $4,200 – He’s only averaging just under four catches in the last four games, but he’s caught three touchdowns. With a Lions defense that’s fourth against the run but 23rd versus the pass, Myers could see a lot of action, especially with Victor Cruz out.
DraftKings is offering a 100% deposit bonus up to $600 if you sign up through Fantasy Winners. The NFL season is quickly coming to a close, but there’s still time to win big on DraftKings. Use our link to sign-up today!View all posts by Nick Juskewycz